This weekend was good. I'm tired- but it was good.
I think I may just be tired right up until the wedding- then I can rest. Or perhaps not- maybe life is just non stop tired.
Saturday was spent moving and moving. The new apartment is full of almost all of my stuff and Ben's stuff. The task of unpacking and organizing and learning to combine our belongings will be a long process. But we are both excited.
On Sunday we drove down to what will probably be the location of the wedding. I just have to work out a few details and confirm a few things- then the invites go out! I think it will be nice- as long as the weather holds up!
When we got back to the city we went straight to Home Depot. We managed to get in and pick up the paint for the bedroom and bathroom just before closing. Then we got straight to painting. By 11pm we had the entire bedroom covered in the first coat of a very lovely green.
It was nice to hang out with BK and be working together to accomplish a task for our "new home." I suppose that is what marriage is all about. I am glad we both enjoyed the time- it gives me hope for the future.
BK was off work today so he was going to touch up the bedroom and work on the bathroom. We are going to try and finish those two rooms first- then figure out the office and kitchen/ living/ dining rooms.
Last night when we were rushing through the aisles of Home Depot carrying paint cans I really felt like an adult. It was a nice feeling.
Tonight will be my last night sleeping at the old apartment. It's all happening so fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
is it an outdoor wedding?
that's quite a risky endeavor.
but like many risks, it is potentially greatly rewarding
hey Ms. Adult
hey
oh nuts....that was to liz.
sorry liz, i intercepted.
Post a Comment