22 August 2007

Updates...

So...Saks does not have the dress in champagne. So- with that blow I decided to just call BCBG directly. I called- got through- they had the dress in the right color and size- I ordered it- it is on its way. I should have done that ages ago.

Hopefully it will arrive soon and be perfect.

In other news- I think we are going to go ahead with having th wedding at the Tillmans. I just have to call them and accept the offer and firm up the details. There are some kinks to be worked out.

I spent the afternoon pricing out all the "typical" stuff one would need to throw this wedding. I called about a tent, a caterer, tables, chairs, all of that. Turns out- that is a wedding I cannot afford. It would be nice- but not BK and not me.

We just do not feel comfortable with spending 5, 6, 7,000 dollars on the wedding. It is money we do not have and do not want to ask for. You do not need to spend a lot of money to have a good time. All told, we we may still end up spending a couple thousand, but not $7,000.

So....things are going to be set in motion the end of this week. Invites out next Monday??

Here's hoping.

1 comment:

peter hafer said...

i am extreeeemely impressed by the way you and bk are going about the whole wedding celebration. you seem to be in such a solid place, and in no way does your rejection of spending tons of money detract from how important this event is, or how excited you are about each other...if anything it really makes me think that you value the whole thing a lot more and dont want to cheapen it with 'stuff'...(maybe that was cliche, but who cares)