12 July 2007

Plans.

Today I paid off the remaining balance on my credit card. From now on I will use it only for wedding items. I am going to order several dresses from the internet's (that are not in stores) and try them on upon arrival. If I like one- I'll keep it. If not I'll return it. I think next weekend is going to be "dress weekend." My hope is to have all the big stuff done and ready by the end of August. Then in September I can focus on pulling together all the details.

I have moments in the midst of all these plans where I get a flash of what the day will look like....it makes me so happy and so excited. I really truly cannot wait.

6 comments:

Esthertainment said...

i'm pretty sure it will make a lot of people really happy :)

Esthertainment said...

I'm glad you're excited...maybe the short engagement is the way to go! ha

M said...

can i come over and watch you try them on?

M said...

A few more things: Regarding the earlier post about you writing things on a blog--I think we all definitely love reading your thoughts and your daily goings on, so it isn't vain, don't worry!

About the fairy tale idea thing, I think a lot of that is instilled in us when we are younger, from movies (damn disney!!) and books and people talking to us about it. I think this cultural obsession with weddings just stems out of the fact that God did design love and it just so happens that it tends to be really romantic, among other things. My two good friends who have gotten married in the past years both challenged the notion of a "typical" wedding by not spending a ton and not doing it by the book. It is more exciting and personal that way!!

What kind of a dress are you looking for? I can look online for you. Have you thought about vintage or antique shops? I love old things.

K. Ann said...

you need to see this
http://www.disneybridal.com/index.html
so ridiculous.

Seye said...

i love your color scheme