29 July 2007

The dress.

Yesterday I spent hours at the mall. I don't think I went into the day at all expecting to find my wedding dress. Mostly I just wanted to see what I could find at the mall. I tried on a number of things. A lot of different things- none of which were "wedding dresses". I thought a lot about what I wanted and did not want. I thought how the dress would set the tone for the event. I thought about what I wanted the tone of the event to be- and so how the dress should be.

It's a difficult task. I find myself wondering- will I ever find the dress. The one I see when I imagine the day. Last night I thought- maybe I could buy a simple dress and add my own stuff to it to make it that "dream dress."

Except- I don't know if I have really settled on what I want.

But I am now very much thinking about buying a dress and then altering it and adding some of my own touches. I would need help.

I need to think.

Getting a dress is going to be harder than I thought.

I want something like found at the below link. I'm sure that dress is impossible to find. It would be way out of my price range even if it was A- in season and B- available to buy (it was on the runway- those do not always make it into stores.)

Pretty dress

But I am wondering if I could somehow re-create the same look/ feel. What if I found a lovely simple dress and then made/ found some kind of lace jacket. Or- I could find some old lace/ slip to somehow mix with that same simple dress. There's some options.....I think. I hope.

I did this sketch really quickly tonight. I am very pleased with the sketch considering I'm rubbish at drawing. Do you suppose it is possible to find a very simple fitted sheath or a-line dress and then cut an opening at the bottom of the back and adding in that ruffly lace stuff and then doing a matching add on for the top. Or do you think this dress it out there. It probably is...I think I've seen it somewhere. Ah well...just a rough idea. I hate the bow I drew on the bottom sketch. It would not have such a dumb bow- but some kind of a tie or band.






What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Esthertainment said...

...what link?

I will build you a beautiful dress.

ELM.K. said...

oops. sorry. fixed!

Noriko said...

I like your drawing...and I think that it IS possible to make add-ons to a dress....I like stuff like that a lot.