My Canon Powershot SD600 just died. I was going to show Daniel pictures I had on the camera from Mitch's wedding. I turned it on and it let out a horrible grinding noise and the beeped 3 times and said, "Lens error, please restart camera." My heart was broken. I tried to restart, and a number of other tactics like removing the battery and trying again. The lens will not go back into the camera. It just grinds and beeps and I cry.
It is not under warrenty so I would have to pay for a repair. I feel if I am going to pay 100 bucks (canon's estimate based on the model number and age) to repair it I might as well pay 200 to buy a new one.
I am sad. Me and that little guy have seen so much together. We've grown into an adult, we've partied, we've laughed, and we've cried. It's seen me get engaged, and then journeyed to Maine with Me and BK- and took our 100's of honeymoon pics- and beautiful pics they are to see.
Oh...I am sad. Is it silly to be so sad over a camera?
Perhaps it is a sign...to buy a new lens for my digi SLR and take non lazy photos. Perhaps it means go buy film and return to the art of developing. Perhaps it is a sign to not be so attached to materials...
I just want it back...sigh...
Oh...I miss it...It lived a good life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment