This weekend I did something I have not done in a very long time- I bought a fashion magazine, specifically Elle.
I read it nearly cover to cover and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it and in some ways felt I had missed out on something these past few years (I read it often during High School, but somewhere decided fashion mags were evil and stopped). It not only gives me fun pictures to look at of cool new clothes, but also informs about lots of other art- like plays and books and movies, and informs me about anything from the truth about breast implants to the uses of marijuana in the treatment of anxiety.
I enjoyed it because it helped me feel informed. I do, I do enjoy that. I was exposed to multiple books I would like to add to my "To Read List." I enjoyed reading that in the soon to be summer hit, "Pineapple Express" James Franco steals the show. I also enjoyed looking at the shocking purple eye shadow and wishing I could pull that off just once.
I am a girl- right down to it. I enjoy clothes, and make up, and pretty things. I enjoy reading about Mary Kate Olsen and her latest successful creations.
Now- onto more specific things. Breast implants. I was educated that the decision to have breast implants is a decision to risk having surgery on your breasts several times. Lots of things can happen that require adjusting, repairing, replacing, etc. I was glad that a magazine chose to inform women of the risks in an informative and impartial article.
It got me thinking- would I ever have plastic surgery? I do not think I would. But I discussed the issue with BK on the car ride home and was then informed of an older women that I have met with who has breast implants- and I never knew! It was a very shocking revelation for me because I never would have guessed that this woman would make that choice.
Is plastic surgery wrong? Is it any different to choose to enlarge your breasts, change your nose, your butt, thighs, etc from wanting to replace glasses with contact lenses, dying your hair, etc? Isn't kind of the same- or do you tink it is different?
Another one of those questions where I wonder if I should even bother looking for an answer. Maybe it does not even matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment