11 July 2008

Rockers to Swallow by Yeah Yeah Yeahs is also the new jam. Down Boy is a close second. Actaully- they tie.

I have a new favorite saying- it goes,

"I'm Lost in the middle of in-between."

I heard the saying in the happy go lucky, musical comedy and all around family film from Disney: The Happiest Millionaire. I netflixed it mainly because it is based upon Anthony J. Drexel Biddle, Sr. and I am super into the Drexel fam right now, but also because I thought I could use a happy go lucky family film. So- really this was the last place I expected to come upon such a saying. Then comes the song from Cordelia Drexel Biddle- where she sings to herself about her inability to understand who she is to be. It's a sweet young 1916 identity crisis. Is she valentine candy or boxing gloves? She is lost in the middle of in between...being a girly girl or girl her father raised?

I love the phrase. It perfectly sums up how I have felt at times recently. I am sure others can relate. I was thinking- that is exactly how I have felt when I was not yet a a place I wanted to be. I have felt lost in between where I have left behind and where I want to go.

It is the new jam- use it.

No comments: