14 July 2008

The story of a new purchase...

As so sadly revealed a few entries back- my beloved Canon Powershot SD600 died. I explained to BK that although I love the camera it just did not seem worth it to me to pay $100.00 to repair it when I can buy a newer model for $200-$300. We discussed it and decided that now was not the best time to buy a replacement since work has been scarce for me this summer and expenses were high last month. So I have decided to wait...

I have decided to take this as a sign to return to my original photog ways and start using my DSLR more often. So I have once again picked up my Nikon D50 and resolved to learn to love it again. It is good for me to "try" and "think" when taking photos, because that is how I will become a better photographer. With this in mind I wanted to look for a new lens. The lens that came with my D50 is just not that great and I think it may have minor damages- the focus is just not very good. So- I looked around for a good lens that I could afford. I found one I thought was a good lens to add to my kit, as well as a good price. I called BK and explained the purchase and he gave his blessing. I looked at reviews and thought it over. I then consulted my photog friend- the one and only Charlie Shoemaker. Then finally I clicked on "purchase."

Let me introduce my new lens:

It should arrive in 3-5 days, at which time we will get to know one another real well.

I will let the death of my Canon be a blessing. I will stretch myself. It has even made me want to break out my old comfortable friend Pentax SLR.

1 comment:

K. Ann said...

50mm is where its at...love it.