08 January 2008

Joel, trouble is trouble.

This thing always happens and I am not quite sure what to make of it....

Quite often when I am out of work and find myself with a lot of free time on my hands I find myself depressed. I begin to think of all the woes in life. I feel overwhelmed with how much there is to do. I feel that there are so many areas I can improve and feel daunted at the task of improving. I feel very uncomfortable and discontent and I wonder if I have ever truly felt uncomfortable with myself.

Now...do I feel this way during these times because I am out of work and my concerns and worry over the next job overwhelm me to the point of doubting everything else in my life. OR do I feel this way during these times because when I am working I am too distracted to notice all the trouble.

Do you understand my question? I wonder how work truly relates to the feelings. Is work simly a distraction, or does it give me meaning? I don't want work to be the one thing in life that gives me meaning and happiness.

I would like to be comfortable with myself. I would like to be secure in my insecurities.

I love my husband. I very much enjoy being married to him.

1 comment:

peter hafer said...

a wholehearted DITTO. especially to the last line.