13 May 2008

Elizanomics

Did I ever mention that I really enjoyed Iron Man. It was a good time- go check it out.

Poor timing this week...BK's only days off were Tuesday and Wednesday. My only days off were Thursday and Friday. Go figure.

I would like someone out there who studied econmics to give me an economics lesson. Someone who's opinon I trust and value. I feel economics is one of those studies where if someone has a particular/ bias or allegence then they present it differently. I dislike that- because then you have to take everything taught you with a grain of salt.

I was reading in the METRO today about our failing economy. They did a poll of who was to blame for the pooor economy right now. 75% of those polled said Bush. I disliked that- it is not just is fault, right? I am not versed enough in the subject matter to defend that feeling.

It's funny- the gov't is giving us all money so we can go out and spend it b/c our economy needs a boost. Except everyone is freaking out because our economy needs a boost- so they are saving the money. Go figure- right?

It's like- someone spreads a rumor that our economy is bad and then everyone freaks out and stops spending- and then our economy really does go down.

Am I completely wrong?

This is why I want an economics lesson. Can anyone recomend a good book- one that is a good read, not so much a text book.

As for me- I am going to keep spending. My husband made a big purchase the other month, and I am allowed to go spend XXX amount of dollars on clothes this coming month. I don't care what people say- I am going to go buy new clothes.

Go support the economy- see Iron Man!

3 comments:

M said...

i LOVEEEEE your posts!!!!! you crack me up. you GO buy your clothes!! i'll come with.

scott said...

i'm excited to stimulate the economy, too! and i agree, the bad economy is very much like a self-fulfilling prophecy. i feel like i have learned a good bit about economics since working at a business newspaper, but i still don't know anything. if you find a good read on the subject, let me know.

K. Ann said...

you make me laugh!