I am starting to think that there are certain things about me that I just have to face up to and accept.
I'll never be good at sports. I'll never be the type of girl who wakes up at 6am every morning to go running, and then after a quick shower enjoys a cup of coffee over my bible on the back porch. I'll never be good at moving into a new home and making it feel like a home in less than at least 8 months to a year.
I am slow at a lot of things. I like sleeping in late.
Are there things I just let be or things I say- NO- this is wrong- i need to work on that?
i was thinking about how people change over time. I found an old letter i wrote to BK on our two year anniversary of dating. In the letter I recalled how much we had grown and changed during those two years. It is now years from then and we've changed even more.
There are things that used to bother me about BK that no longer do, and vice versa. Mostly- i think- because our annoying habits come and go. He smokes. I used to be okay with it- i am no longer okay with it. It will pass.
Life is a series of phases- and I have come to accept that in me especially. currently I enjoy the color purple, plaids, preppy clothes, and the bands eisley and the new frontiers.
Next week I may decide to love Orange again.
But I have always been me and will always be me. I can try and improve my weaker character traits, but I cannot change who God made me. I wouldn't want to- he's way better at creating people than I could ever be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
amen. I like what he did with you.
absolutely. although i feel like i've been on the same trend for about 18 months now.
Post a Comment