Two college friends got engaged last night. Not two separate engagements- engaged to one another. It makes me happy.
I love marriage and can not recommend the idea enough. It is just about the best and hardest thing I have ever done.
Work.
Last night the subject of NES being a midwife came up again. I was saying how I still would love to document a childbirth on film. THEN! I told her that could be our business. It would be the pregnancy experience. She'd birth the baby and I would document it with photos and film. And she could do a plaster mold too. Kimbo says Esther will birth her first baby. I do not
know if I can say the same...that might make me a little uncomfortable. (inside joke! hehe!)
Babies.
Kimbo pointed out that the dress we picked for the bridesmaids in MS's wedding would still look nice on a pregnant woman. Then she eyed me and HL.
I do not plan on getting pregnant any time soon, but I can say that my heart has warmed to the matter. I have been thinking about it a lot actually. I have been re reading the book "Real Sex" by Lauren Winner. There is a section in the book where she discusses the idea of birth control and how it relates to sex and our thinking of it.
"...if contraception invites us to be carefree, it also encourages us to be people who think we can control and schedule everything...And, most important, it invites us to be people who have utterly separated sex from procreation"
The book does not say birth control is flat out wrong. It just points out some of the effects- which at least in my case were spot on. You cannot think of one without the other- and I had been doing just that. To think about them together again has changed some of my feelings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment