I'm not good at doing the same job for a lengthy period of time, and by lengthy period of time I mean two months. I need change. I blame my upbringing.
School gave me a three month break every year- three months off to do whatever the heck I wanted! When I was actually in school we were on a quarter system- so every couple months I had new classes, a new schedule. When I went away to college I was at a colelge who not only had quarter systems, but also had a co-op program. My classes changed every 11 weeks, and for six motnhs I left school all together and worked. That job however-was NOT full time. I had a aprt time internship, and a part time job. This allowed for change and variety amidst the six month period. Once I left school I began working freelance- this allowed for lots of change all the time. I would do a job for a week, then not work, a new job another week, a nother new job, not work again, another new job. It was tough at times, but overall I very much enjoy the freetime while still being able to afford my bills (most of the time). I did have some lengthier jobs- and by lengthier I mean 4 months. Yet, even in those jobs the nature of the job allowed it to move through three stages (PRep, Shooting, Wrap) which allowed for a shift and change within the length of the job.
Now, at the age of 24.5, find myself faced with a job that requires me to work M-F, 10 hours a day. I have almost no days off to look forward to, and this job will not be over till July/ August. That's 6-7 months from NOW! I have only had the job 2 months (with a two week holiday hiatus) and I feel an itch for change ALREADY. The job is still, and will continue to be in the first stage for another couple months, then I will have to live through 3-4 months of shooting before I can look forward to wrap.
I do not know what to do with myself.
Adulthood, and this whole steady job thing is way over rated.
This is partialy why I want to be my own boss and start my own biz. I like the flexibility. I like the time off. I like doing my own thing.
I do enjoy my current job- I really really do. I just need to get over this hump...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment