As I have mentioned on here in the past I have been unsure about my current career path and wanted to try something new, specifically trying to launch a photo business, focused primarily on wedding photography. The more I think it over the more I think it is possible, and the small steps I have taken have gone well.
Here is my new plan going forward:
Step 1. Launch website. I have already begun a blog (not public yet), and am researching a website. Jared is making me a logo. I have begun to sort through images and gather a portfolio. I am shooting a wedding this weekend and hopefully will gain more images to use. I hope to have the blog public my Feb. 3rd and the website launched by mid March.
Step 2. After I have webspace I will get the word out and direct people to said web space. I hope to book another wedding. With the money from this wedding I will purchase a new camera body ( to be used at said wedding, duh). I hope to have this wedding be booked for sometime during the spring- which is risky b/c some of those weddings are already planned. This deadline is iffy for that reason.
Step 3. Continue growth of webspace with new wedding images, continue getting word out. Book ANOTHER wedding. With this money go to a workshop with a pro wedding photog and learn how to be awesomer. I hope to have the worskhop done by Fall- again deadline dependent on timing of weddings I can book,a nd timing of available workshops.
Step 4. Go to WPPI 2010 in Feb- be awesome.
Clearly, since I am intending to get jobs to cover each next planned investment I am making an attempt to front no money, less risky. I would appreciate prayer and encouragement. I will keep you updated, and will tell you when my new wedding photog blog is public. These plans are my plans, and I am trying to remember they may not be God's plans. As well, BK has applied for grad school. If he is accepted it will involve a huge move, a new start, and me with the responsibility of sole bread winner.
P.S-> Last night Benjamin and I played fun music, played around with my new SB800, backed up files from the old compy, and danced around the living room. I felt happier then I have in a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment