The past two weeks have been full. I have been in a car for a total of about 24 hours, I have seen many people I love, and I have taken loads of pictures- although not as many as I should have.
I feel a new energy building inside me. I feel a bit recharged, motivated, and I feel an excitement of opportunity.
I am resisting the urge to recount every detail here. Instead- some thoughts and highlights in bullet points.
1. The Dark Knight is a fantastic movie, nay a fantastic piece of cinema- worth seeing on both a normal size movie screen and IMAX.
2. Love is amazing and I miss feeling it in overwhelming abundance.
3. I enjoy taking pictures- and am sad when they are not amazing. I want to get better so that I can take amazing pictures.
4. I love my family. For better or worse- I love them so much it hurts.
5. It is dangerous to over think life- you miss out on living it. I need to stop flirting with danger and start falling in love with life.
6. Happiness in work may be achieved if only we have two jobs- more variety.
7. Kimberly Rush is pretty and I hope we continue to be friends for a long time- so that at the age of 50 we may still tell people, "We've been friends since the womb."
8. Wasps can and will sting you through clothing. The sting may grow up to four inches wide and turn red and purple.
9. I do not tan- I freckle and burn. When I am lucky the redness fades and takes on a nice tan like color.
10. I am surrounded by so much thought, so much wisdom, so much life, so much to learn, to appreciate, to love. I want to grow- and I want to process it with my best friend. His name is Benjamin and I have not seen him in two weeks. I will go to sleep tonight and a few hours later- in the wee hours of the morning he will return to me. He will come home- kneel down beside our bed- brush my hair away from my face and kiss me. I will stir, wake to see him, and smile. Then our hectic life will continue- but for a change I will have work and we will both be sleeping in our bed. Atleast for this week...
11. I am thankful. I do not show it enough, or share it enough, or thank God enough.
12. I can drink girly drinks, but I prefer beer. Good ol beer. I enjoy sharing a beer with someone who also enjoys it.
that's enough for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment