17 June 2008

The summer is here and there are many birthdays to celebrate!

My idea of summer has been evolving since I reached adulthood. It is no longer what it used to be, and I am not really sure what that means.

I have not felt like writing on here...not sure what to write. I have felt like everything I write is boring and shallow. SO...here is some more boring and shallow news!!

I have not been working a ton. I am trying to keep busy in the home so I do not go crazy. BK and I got more living room furniture and it has made a big improvement. We got two bookshelves and a tv stand. Now our living room is almost complete. It still needs: an area rug, window treatments, a floor lamp, and some art for the walls. I think we may be able to finish the living room for good (except maybe the art) in the next couple weeks. At that point I can look to the dining room. I am slowly making a grown up home!

In other news- I have a birthday coming up and that day also has new meaning this year. It marks exactly 1 year since BK and I got engaged. It is surreal- to say the least. I think to celebrate we are going to take a day trip to the beach. It will be appropriate seeing as how last year on that day I went to the beach without him. I am looking forward to the day. We have not been to the beach together in many years- which is unfortunate and must change.

In other news- I was recently notified of a Rita's location just around the corner from my house. This is very exciting and will greatly increase the amount of water ice (I've become a Philadelphian and will from this point on refer to it as such) I consume this summer.

That is all.

No comments: