I don't know about you guys, but I read a lot of news on the web during my work day. One story that has been all over the place is the new Vanity Fair photos and article about Miley Cyrus. One photo features a backless Miley (15 years of age- also known as Hannah Montana) clutching a sheet to her chest. It's caused quite an uproar- because of it's "sexual" nature and the fact that she is only 15 and adored by children as young as age 4.
I have been drawn into the photo and I have to say- I really like it. I do care a bit about the fact that she is 15, and media, and young celebs gone bad...etc etc. But that is what kind of makes the photo. The photo- to me- is not very sexual. The sexuality that is present is kind of awkward. The whole picture to me is awkward. Miley does not "polished" and "glamorous." She looks a little uncomfortable there with only her bare skin. To me that says something deeper- about young girls in the media spotlight, growing up too fast, etc. I really enjoy the photo because to me it is not trying to say- look at this 15 year old wh is so hot and sexy and a star. To me it say- look at this 15 year old- is she really ready for this?
So...okay...that's all. Just putting it out there. Annie Liebowitz and VF are getting a lot of backlash about the article and photo, and I read the article and saw the photos. I do not know if they did anything wrong, but I really enjoy both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
insight
Post a Comment