So I had an idea a long time ago (or I may have stolen the idea- I do not recall) to use old pictures of my relatives on their wedding day as part of the decor at the wedding. The photos have started to come in and some of them are amazing.
I love old photos. The fasion, he way the grandparetns we know now looked when they were young. I often forget people had lives 60 years ago- and they did things that I do...like get married.
Sometimes you wonder what is behind the picture. For example- my Aun has a beautiful dress. It has a big skirt with yards and yards of fabric. How did she afford that dress? I want to know. I want to ask her, but I cannot. She passed away. But I am going to call my Uncle and ask.
I just got the picture of my Mom's parents on their wedding day. I have not seen many pictures of her father, because he passed away when she was three. He is so goofy looking. I love him.
I love pictures. This is why my own wedding photography was so important to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thats such a good idea. maybe i will steal it someday ;)
Post a Comment