This past week and a half were exhausting, but wonderful. I felt many wonderful things. Camping with my husband was awesome. Monica and Bill's wedding was spectacular and I am so happy for them.
Today it was back to Philadelphia and back to reality. I have a job interview in about 45 minutes. I have yet to do anything to prepare except have sex with my husband. How was that preperation? Well- it helped cheer me up a bit. Earlier today I recieved an e-mail that put me in a very bad mood. I wrote someone about a job and they replied, "I'm ALWAYS looking out for you. My BIG boss from LA wanted a seasoned, grade A secretary..." I was not hired- so what they were saying is I am always looking out for you but my boss wanted this and since I did not ask you- that must not be you. What am I- a piece of steak? Those dots were included in the e-mail. What does that man? I suppose if I was not chosen then I must not be grade A. Does anyone else find this a terribly insensitive thing to say? It hurt my feelings a lot and I am truly unsure how to respond. I know this may seem confusing if you are not me...I am just venting.
I am trying to shake the depressed feeling of rejection before I go to this interview. My self esteem is wounded. If I am rejected at this interview I don't know what I'll do...probably melt into a puddle.
I am not good at handling rejection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i know that it is not the same, but really they don't know what they are missing.
lately, I've been thinking about people who just can't be appreciated in the way they deserve until considerable time and observation.
I think this is you.
You are an amazing person, so genuine and hard-working. You are a vital part of anything you are a part of, diligently bringing so much creativity and efficiency to any project. BUT...I it is not something you can portray to someone you do not know. you may not be the best at "selling yourself" and although it seems like that is exactly what the world says you need to do, and it seems like that is the only way to get anywhere, I think that it is 'a positive' that you are quietly doing your thing and not just showing off how cool you really are.
I love you and I would work with you any day of the week...how bout Wednesday?
I'm hoping for your job situation.
I love you. Chin up my love.
What is your most fav. Pie?
Dear Esther. I love you. You're my friend.
My fav pie is chocolate pudding pie with whipped cream and a graham cracker crust. don't go making it this Wednesday because I am going to make it when it is my turn to make pie. it is the only pie i know how to make.
ok, no chocolate pudding pie...hopefully you'll like it...it does not have fruit!
Post a Comment